Thursday, December 6, 2007

recycled Christmas cards

ere is a sweet little project to recycle some of those Christmas cards you received from last year. I cut out an oval shape out of clear plastic as a template. That way you can centre it over your card to get the best image. You can use two card front but I like to use one card front and the Christmas greeting from inside for the back. Place the two ovals together and punch holes around using a small punch.

To crochet:

Rnd 1: Sc into any hole, chain 4 or 5 chains depending on how far apart your holes are. Sc in next hole. Continue around. Sl st into first sc.

Rnd 2: Sl st into chain space. Ch 1, sc, hdc, 2 dc, tr, 2 dc, hdc, sc in chain space. *Sc hdc, 2 dc, tr, 2 dc, hdc, sc in next chain space.* Continue from * around, Sl st into ch 1. finish off.

3 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love this idea! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I have so enjoyed reading yours. How thrilling to live in such a stately period home, I know you will enjoy Christmas there.
xo Lidy

Aine said...

Thanks Lidy, I will be posting another sweet craft using recycled Christmas cards soon. I really enjoy your blog and hope to hear from you again. I'm sure I will enjoy my first Christmas in the stately, drafty, creaky, old house. Merry Christmas to you and yours and best wishes for the coming new year. Anne

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne, thank you posting this. I am the proud recipient of one of Anne's beautiful Christmas cards. I want to try and do one of these. I had trouble trying to figure out what measurement to cut my card, when I realized that I have your card on my tree. I thought it might be helpful to someone else to know, that on the card that you sent to me, the oval measures 3 inches (7.6 cm) Of course, I'm sure they could be made to anyone's preference. Hope you don't mind me posting this.

Jill (USA)