Monday, December 3, 2007

collections

I have always been a collector of sorts. My dad was quite a collector and when he passed, I inherited several of his collections such as his license plates. There is a plate from 1929 through to when they stopped renewing actual plates to where they only renewed stickers. My mom is also a collector. She's the one who got me going on china and linen. She also collected pigs but has most of that collection in temporary repose. My love of collecting was as natural to me as breathing. My husband Paul is now also a collector especially of walking sticks but mostly he is on the lookout for something to add to my collections. Sweet guy. I think I'll keep him.




Some of my (our) collections continue to grow and some I put a halt to. Sometimes you just reach the satisfaction (saturation) point and anything beyond can clutter your collection. One of the collections I've stopped is my teddybears. Perhaps someday I will resume the collections but not until I find a place for all of them in this new house.



My collection of gloves continues to thrive. This past Thanksgiving, everyone was assigned a vintage hat. The ladies also got to wear shawls, gloves, boas and scarves. It was a lot of fun and even the men got into the game. Paul wore a curly red wig, a black cowboy hat and green rubber boots. Gotta love that man!

No comments: