Sunday, April 27, 2008

take care of your photos

Our basement got flooded this spring. With all the snow we've had, the bad grading on the house and the old stone foundation, we ended up with a small lake in the basement. It's pretty much dried up now but for a while there was a steady stream of water. Excuse the pun.

One evening just before bed, I went back to the basement to check on something. I can't even remember what that something was because when I got to the basement, a box of photos has spilled over onto the wet floor. They must have just fallen because Paul and I were able to save about seventy percent of them. Some of the
water damaged photos were beyond our skills

I know the basement is the worst place to keep the photos. I was planning on scanning them and putting them all to disc. Just one of those lessons I guess.

No comments: